General Assembly Meeting
On Thursday 25 August 2011, at 13.30, the Bernoulli Society General Assembly Meeting will take place in the Dublin Convention Centre, Liffey Meeting Room 2, during the 58th ISI World Statistics Congress in Dublin, August, 21-26, 2011. Members and nonmembers of the Society are invited to participate. Voting is reserved to Bernoulli Society members.
Date: Thursday 25 August 2011
Time: 13.30 to 15.00
Place: Liffey Suite 2
- Welcome and Adoption of the Agenda.
- Minute of silence.
- Executive committee report.
- Report by the publications committee.
- Presentation of the 2013 Initiative to commemorate the 300 Anniversary of the Ars Conjectandi.
- Report by the 2009-2011 nominating committee and election of President Elect and Council.
- Change of President Ceremony and signing of the Bernoulli´s book.
- Composition of the 2011-2013 nominating committee.
- Presentation of the international web-based Mentor Programme for Ph.D students in statistics and probability at universities in developing countries.
- Report on Oaxaca brainstorm session on rejuvenation
- Open Floor discussion: Teaching the importance of professional membership to the next generation: Proactive Strategies
- Report by the local and programme committee of the 8th World Congress in Probability and Statistics, Istanbul, Turkey, July 9-14, 2012.
- Future of publications – goals and models at all levels of communication
- Questions and comments from the membership.
- Closing remarks.
Created on Friday, 29 July 2011 13:25