Bernoulli Society Bulletin 'E-Briefs' issue 11
Bernoulli Society Bulletin 'E-Briefs' issue 11
1.- GENERAL NEWS
2 - EVENTS
3 - PRIZES
4 - RECENTLY RELEASED ISSUES OF BernSoc OFFICIAL AND
For information to be considered in the next issue please contact
2.- GENERAL NEWS
* C(PS)^2 re-assembled. The Committee on Probability and Statistics in the Physical Sciences (C(PS)^2) has been reassembled since August 2011, under the auspices of the Bernoulli Society. On the new website http://www.aueb.gr/bs-cpsps/ information can be found on C(PS)^2’s mission, membership and activities. Ideas for the organization of workshops or sessions/conferences under the auspices of C(PS) ^2 in pertinent areas of interest are welcome.
3.1- Events (co)-sponsored by BernSoc.
*8th World Congress in Probability and Statistics, Istanbul, Turkey, July 9-14, 2012. <http://www.worldcong2012.org/>
- NSF funding for about 20 US-based participants (young, minority and women) to travel to WCPS 2012 (NEW!).
- TUBITAK travel support for young researchers residing in Turkey
- World Bank Fund for researchers from developing countries
- IMU travel grants for researchers from developing countries
- Elsevier and SPA travel grants
- IMS/BernSoc childcare initiative.
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES. There are now a variety of sources of financial support for participation to the World congress, including:
Details and deadlines at: http://www.worldcong2012.org/?p=financial_support
-Abstract submission deadline: March 16, 2012. Submit your abstract at http://www.worldcong2012.org/?p=abstract
* The International Summer School in Math Physics III: Probabilistic Aspects of Contemporary Physics 20.06.2012 – 06.07.2012 Feza Gürsey Institute Kandilli, Istanbul – Turkey. This summer school is a satellite meeting of the Istanbul world conference with sponsorship of the Bernoulli Society. http://www.fezagurseysummerschool.com
* Pre-World Congress Meeting of Young Researchers in Probability and Statistics 2012 (PWCYPS 2012). July 6 - 8, 2012, Koç University, Sarıyer, Istanbul, TURKEY.
If you are a student (MS or PhD), post-doc or young researcher in statistics or probability, join 100 other young participants to the pre-World-Congress weekend.
- Deadline for abstract submission: April 1.
- List of speakers and further details: http://pwc2012.ku.edu.tr/
* “Random Networks & Environments”, Istanbul. July 16--20, 2012. This is an exciting satellite workshop right after the IMS-Bernoulli World Congress. For the current list of speakers and participants and for updated information, please visit http://www.math.boun.edu.tr/instructors/yilmaz/RNE.html
* “Long-Range Dependence, Self-Similarity and Heavy Tails”, International Conference in Honor of Professor Murad S. Taqqu. April 19-21, 2012, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA.
* 7th World Congress of the Bachelier Finance Society, Sydney, Australia, June 19-22, 2012. http://www.bfs2012.com/
* II Asia and Pacific Rim Meetings (APRM).Tsukuba,Japan. July 2-4, 2012.
- BernSoc with IMS will co-sponsor two special sessions of 105 mins each, with the title: “Research at the Interface of Probability and Mathematical Statistics, I and II”, chaired by S.R.S. Varadhan and Peter Hall.
- Early registration deadline: April 15, 2012
- Visit http://ims-aprm2012.org/index.html for more information
* EMS2013. The 29th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS2013). Budapest, Hungary, 20-25. July 2013.
* SPA 2013. The 2013 congress in Stochastic Processes and their Applications will take place in Boulder, University of Colorado,USA, July 29 - August 2.
- List of plenary speakers available at http://math.colorado.edu/spa2013/
* SPA 2014. The 2014 congress in Stochastic Processes and their Applications will take place in Buenos Aires (Argentina), during the week July 28 - August
3.2- Other events
* International Summer School on “Advanced Stochastic Methods to Model Risk”, September 9 - 22, 2012, Ulm University, Germany.
- Deadline for applications May31, 2012.
* 16-th Brazilian School of Probability or XVI EBP, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil August 06 to August 11, 2012. Activities will include mini-courses, plenary talks by invited speakers, short communications and posters and more.
* 59th ISI WSC 2013 in Hong Kong http://www.isi2013.hk/
- Call for Short Course Proposals from the ISI Short Course Committee
- IASS Short Courses 201
- Call for Special Topic Sessions Proposals
5.- RECENTLY RELEASED ISSUES BY THE BERNOULI SOCIETY AND
* Recent issues:
- BERNOULLI 18(1) http://www.bernoulli-society.org/
- SPA 122 (2) and 122 (3) (in progress) http://www.elsevier.com/locate/spa
* Co-sponsored open access publications:
* Latest issue of Bernoulli News http://isi.cbs.nl/bnews/index.html
Last Updated: Tuesday, 19 November 2013 07:35