- Benefits of Joining the Bernoulli Society
- Special subscription rates for Bernoulli members
- Application Forms and Fees
- Membership Officer
As an opportunity to become a member, the Bernoulli Society offers:
- 50% fee reduction for the first year of membership of new members from developed countries
- PhD Students join for free
- 70% fee reduction for the first two years of postdocs.
- 70% fee reduction for members from developing countries (from 2011 on)
The Bernoulli Society is introducing new membership structure which will replace the current one from year 2016.
The new membership categories include
1. Regular member (80 Euro): Members from developed countries.
2. Reduced rate member (24 Euro): Members from developing countries, first two years of postdoc, retired members, couple members
3. First year member (40 Euro): First year membership for regular members from developed countries.
4. Joint member: BS-IMS (150 Dollar) and BS-IMS-ISI (175 Euro) members
5. Student member: Free membership for phd students
6. Life member: Fees according to the following scheme
Less than 45 years: 20 x annual dues
45 - 49 years: 18 x annual dues
50 - 54 years: 16 x annual dues
55 - 59 years: 14 x annual dues
60 - 64 years: 12 x annual dues
65 - 69 years: 10 x annual dues
70 - 74 years: 8 x annual dues
75 - 79 years: 6 x annual dues
80 years and over: 4 x annual dues
Benefits of Joining the Bernoulli Society
Bernoulli Society members profit from the following benefits:
Special subscription rates for Bernoulli members
Bernoulli Society members have special subscription rates to the following publications:
Members who would also like to receive hard copies of the Bernoulli Journal and/or hard copies of the International Statistical Review at reduced rates may order them when applying for membership or renewing their membership.
The personal hard copy subscription rates for the Bernoulli Journal are: 27 Euro (developed countries), 15 Euro (developed countries retired), 8 Euro (developing countries), 8 Euro (developing countries retired). The institutional rate is US$ 504.
To also receive hard copies of the Journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications at reduced rates contact online the publisher Elsevier.
The following journals are available online only, at discounted prices. You can subscribe directly by visiting the websites linked with each journal.
The following journals can be ordered from the publisher with a discount for Bernoulli Society members:
- Biometrika may only be ordered directly via its webpage.
- The Journal of Time Series Analysis may only be ordered directly (cash with order or a personal cheque) from the publisher: Journal Customer Services, Blackwell Publishing Ltd., 9600 Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2DQ, England.
- The American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences may be ordered directly from the publisher: American Sciences Press Inc., 20 Cross Road, Syracuse, New York 13224-2144, USA.
- The journal Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes may be ordered directly from the publisher Springer-Verlag New York, Inc., Mathematics Marketing Dept., 333 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, NJ 07094, USA, or e-mail .
If you have a joint BS-IMS or BS-IMS-ISI membership and wish to order IMS publications in addition to those available with the joint membership, you may order them through the order form for joint members. Copies of these publications, obtained through Member subscriptions, are for Member's personal use only and not for hire or resale.
Online Application Forms
Membership Dues for 2016
Disclaimer: All prices are subject to change without prior notice. The Bernoulli Society is not responsible for typographical errors.
Applications for regular membership (including 50% reduced fees for the first year of membership) can also be sent to:
Ms. Margaret de Ruiter-Molloy (Membership Officer)
c/o International Statistical Institute
P.O. Box 24070
2490 AB The Hague
Tel. +31 70 337 5726
Fax +31 70 386 0025
The 2018 membership flyer below is also available in pdf.
Official publications of the Bernoulli Society
Bernoulli Society co-sponsored publications
To activate access and to create your personal Bernoulli/IMS/ISI member account, you will need your Elsevier Customer Reference Number. Your Customer Reference Number can be found on the mailing label of the paper issue of Stochastic Processes and their Applications. The Customer Reference Number has to be entered at:
that “https://” MUST be entered for this URL – “http://” will not work. This is to ensure that your registration details are secured when you enter them into the registration form.
After entering, click on "submit". The next step is completing a user profile. You will be asked to fill out a form and choose a password. A username will be assigned. Both username and password will be case sensitive. After registration you can directly login with your new username and password.
Note - please do NOT use special characters, such as ö, ä, æ when entering your personal details into the profile form.
In the future you can go straight to: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/03044149 and enter your personal username and password in the login bar on the top of the page.
If you encounter any problems registering, please note that older browsers may not support SSL encryption, which is required for secure data transmission. Also, cookies must be enabled in your browser to support the registration process.
Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the closest Customer Support department as follows:
Customers in North, Central, and South America should contact:
(+1 212-462-1978 if calling from outside the USA and Canada)
Fax: +1 212-633-3680
Customers in Europe, The Middle East and Africa should contact:
Telephone: +31 20 485 3767
Fax: +31 20 485 3432
Customers in Asia Pacific including Australia (except Japan) should contact:
Telephone: +65 434 3727
Fax: +65 337 2230
Customers in Japan should contact:
Telephone: +81 3-5561-5034
Fax: +81 3-5561-5047
The Bernoulli Society organizes or sponsors several meetings in the area of mathematical statistics and probability. Organizers of a meeting seeking sponsorship should email their request to the Bernoulli Society Scientific Secretary (see Who is Who in the Bernoulli Society for the email address), giving a short summary of the meeting details including dates. The Scientific Secretary will then ask Bernoulli Society Executive Committee to approve the sponsorship.
Bernoulli Society requires three things of a Bernoulli-sponsored meeting:
- They display the Bernoulli logo in publicity;
- They ensure there is a named Bernoulli Society member on the programme committee, who will ensure the meeting is publicized in Bernoulli News as a Bernoulli sponsored meeting and write a brief post-meeting report for Bernoulli News;
- Finally there should be a reduced registration fee for Bernoulli Society members.
Subject to deadlines and to space being available, meetings sponsored by Bernoulli Society may submit short notices advertising their meetings for inclusion in Bernoulli News and Bernoulli e-Briefs. (See Who is Who in the Bernoulli Society for email addresses of the Editors of Bernoulli News and Bernoulli e-Briefs.)
Recent and future meetings
- World Congress in Probability and Statistics
- 10th 2020 in Seoul, South Korea, August 17-21.
- 9th 2016 in Toronto, Canada, July 11-15, conference website. Pre-meeting for young researchers: July 7-8, 2016.
- 8th 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey, July 9-14, conference website, 750 participants.
- Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications (SPA)
- For complete list of the conferences see the Committee for Conferences on Stochastic Processes
- 41st 2019 in Evanston, Chicago, USA, July 8-12
- 40th 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden, June 11-15, conference website.
- 39th 2017 in Moscow, Russia, July 24-28, conference website.
- 38th 2015 Oxford, UK, July 13-17, conference website.
- ISI World Statistics Congress
- Latin American Congress in Probability and Mathematical Statistics (CLAPEM)
- XIV CLAPEM 2016 in San José, Costa Rica, December 5-9, conference website.
- XIII CLAPEM 2014 in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, September 22-26, conference website.
- XII CLAPEM 2012 in Valparaiso - Viña del Mar, Chile, March 26-30, conference website.
- XI CLAPEM 2009 in Caracas, Venezuela, November 1-6.
- X CLAPEM 2007 in Lima, Peru, February 25-March 3.
- Brazilian School of Probability
- XX EBP 2016 in São Carlos, Brazil, July 4-9, conference website.
- XIX EBP 2015 in São Sebastião, Brazil, August 3-8, conference website.
- XVIII EBP 2014 in Mambucaba, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 3-9.
- XVII EBP 2013 in Mambucaba, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 4-10, conference website.
- XVI EBP 2012 in Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil, August 6-11, conference website.
- European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS)
- European Young Statisticians Meeting (EYSM)
- For a complete list of meetings see the complete series of EYSM
- 20th 2017 in Uppsala, Sweden, August 14-18, conference website.
- 19th 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic, August 31- September 4, conference website.
- 18th 2013, Osijek, Croatia, August 26-30, conference website.
- Further meetings sponsored by the Bernoulli Society
- Perspectives of Actuarial Risks in Talks of Young Researchers, Ascona, Switzerland, January 8-13 2017, conference website.
- Semstat Statistical Network Science, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, March 6-10 2017, conference website.
- XXXIV International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models, Debrecen, Hungary, August 25-29 2017, conference website.
- High Dimensional Statistics, theory and practice, Fréjus, France, October 1-6 2017, conference website.
- Statistics meets Friends: From Biophysics to Inverse Problems and back, Göttingen, Germany, November 29 - December 1 2017.
- A list of past meetings.