Suggested activities for this lockdown period
Bernoulli Video Collection
* these are not necessarily organized or sponsored by Bernoulli
The Bernoulli Society was founded in 1975 as a Section of the International Statistical Institute (ISI). The Bernoulli Society now has a membership of more than 1000 representing nearly 70 countries, a third of those also being members of the ISI who chose the Bernoulli Society as their Association.
The objectives of the Bernoulli Society are the advancement of the sciences of probability (including stochastic processes) and mathematical statistics and of their applications to all those aspects of human endeavour, which are directed towards the increase of natural knowledge and the welfare of mankind.
The activities of the Bernoulli Society include organizing or sponsoring international and regional meetings and publications, on its own or jointly with other professional societies. These meetings and publications have a prominent relevance in the fields of mathematical statistics, probability, stochastic processes and their applications.
Write down in your agenda the forthcoming meetings of the Bernoulli Society.
The Bernoulli Society offers free membership for PhD students and 50% reduced membership rate to new members. In addition, members from developing countries are offered a 70% reduction. Joint BS-IMS and ISI-BS-IMS memberships are also possible at a reduced rate.
See the latest Bernoulli News.
Check out our Twitter page.
The Bernoulli Society organizes or sponsors several meetings in the area of mathematical statistics and probability, whether physical, virtual, or mixed.
Organizers of a meeting seeking sponsorship should email their request to the Bernoulli Society Scientific Secretary (see Who is Who in the Bernoulli Society for the email address), giving a short summary of the meeting details including dates. The Scientific Secretary will then ask Bernoulli Society Executive Committee to approve the sponsorship.
Bernoulli Society requires three things of a Bernoulli-sponsored meeting:
- They display the Bernoulli logo in publicity;
- They ensure there is a named Bernoulli Society member on the programme committee, who will ensure the meeting is publicized in Bernoulli News as a Bernoulli sponsored meeting and write a brief post-meeting report for Bernoulli News;
- Finally there should be a reduced registration fee for Bernoulli Society members unless the meeting charges a flat fee to all participants.
Subject to deadlines and to space being available, meetings sponsored by Bernoulli Society may submit short notices advertising their meetings for inclusion in Bernoulli News and Bernoulli e-Briefs. (See Publications for e-mail addresses of the Editors of Bernoulli News and Bernoulli e-Briefs.)
Recent and future meetings
- Bernoulli-IMS World Congress in Probability and Statistics
- 10th 2020 in Seoul, South Korea, August 17-21 (postponed to July 19-23, 2021). conference website. Pre-meeting for young researchers: July 17-18, 2021.
- 9th 2016 in Toronto, Canada, July 11-15, conference website. Pre-meeting for young researchers: July 7-8, 2016.
- 8th 2012 in Istanbul, Turkey, July 9-14, conference website, 750 participants.
- Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications (SPA)
- ISI World Statistics Congress
- One World summer courses and seminar series
- Latin American Congress in Probability and Mathematical Statistics (CLAPEM)
- XV CLAPEM 2019 in Merida, Yucatán, Mexico, December 1-6, 2019, conference website.
- XIV CLAPEM 2016 in San José, Costa Rica, December 5-9, conference website.
- XIII CLAPEM 2014 in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, September 22-26, conference website.
For a complete list, see CLAPEM
- Brazilian School of Probability
- European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS)
- European Young Statisticians Meeting (EYSM)
- Further upcoming meetings sponsored by the Bernoulli Society
- The 6th IMS Asia Pacific Rim Meeting (IMS-APRM), Melbourne, Australia, January 5-8, 2021, conference website.
- Renyi Centennial Conference, Budapest, June 28-July 1, 2021, conference website.
- International Conference on Robust Statistics TU Wien, Vienna, Austria, July 6-10, 2020, conference website. (postponed)
- São Paulo School of advanced science on singular stochastic partial differential equations and their applications, Campinas, Brazil, July 28-August 8, 2020, conference website. (postponed)
- 2020 International Symposium on Nonparametric Statistics (ISNPS2020), Paphos, Cyprus, June 15 - 19, 2020, conference website. (postponed)
- 40th Finnish summer school in Probability and Statistics, Lammi, Finland, May 25-29, 2020, conference website (postponed)
- Frontier Probability Days (FPD’20), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, May 8 - 10, 2020, conference website. (postponed)
- The 23rd Conference of the Romanian Society for Probability and Statistics, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Timisoara, April 24-25, 2020, conference website. (postponed)
- A list of past meetings.